It’s Here—Day 2 of My Blogaversary Party
Welcome to Day 2 of my 6th year Blogaversary party. I wanted you to be able to celebrate the journey too, so I worked on the details for a virtual party!!
And how do you have a party virtually?? Well, I decided that we needed music, food and of course lots and lots of giveaways!!
So EVERY day this week, you’ll be able to hear one of Rob’s original songs, enjoy some marvelous food recipes (and sometimes drink recipes) contributed from my talented friends, AND enter giveaways!!
I hope all of you have as much fun this entire week with my daily party favors as I did putting this together!! Let me set the stage!!!
Imagine entering the party, and the first thing you hear is music (and let’s pretend there are balloons, confetti and lots of beautiful decor too).
Many of you don’t realize that my husband started his musical career at the young age of 4 on the Sonny Fox show playing the vibes. He’s written and sung many, many songs since then, and I hope you enjoy them. I’m linking to YouTube so you can play the song while you read the rest of the post!
This video, Just 3 Words, is the second song (of 2) that Rob wrote for me while we were dating (don’t worry, you can hear the first one later this week). While it’s perfect to play while you’re reading the rest of this post, you might want to check out the photos in the video too. Rob put a collage of pictures to represent our wonderful journey together.
Food and Drink
No great party is complete without some fabulous food and drinks. I begged a couple of my foodie friends to share some of their recipes for my party guests. I’m sharing the recipes here and some information about each of these friends. I truly hope you will also take the time to visit them. Because isn’t that what a party is all about? Meeting and chatting with others?
Drink for the Day–Pomegranate Cocktail
D’Arcy is one of my friends that I’ve connected with on Instagram. She’s in my girl group where we post our fashion style every other week!! Not only is she generous and lovely, she’s very helpful when we have Instagram issues.
She shared her Pomegranate Cocktail recipe that she loves for the holiday season. I hope you’ll check out her blog also which is where you can find the original recipe for this drink.
Pom 100% pomegranate Juice
Vanilla Vodka (this is KEY)
San Pellegrino or Club Soda (San Pellegrino if the first choice and makes a difference)
And lime or pomegranate seeds for garnish.
2 parts Pom, 1 shot of Vodka (vanilla vodka is the key) ice & stir
Add 1 part Pellegrino, which gives it the right amount of sparkle. ✨
Garnish and serve
Snack for the Day– Carrot Cakes
I met Katerina through my blog where she occasionally comments on our fashion posts. She has a blog also where her emphasis is healthy food. In fact, I’ve made her chocolate chip cookies (with no processed sugar) and fruit crumble recently.
You can call her a smart cookie because she’s a lawyer by trade. Since she lives in Australia, I often have to convert the measurements on her recipes, but it’s worth it.
Katerina shared this Healthier Birthday Mini Carrot Cakes with Mango Frosting recipe. If you click over to her original recipe, she gives you optional ideas for them too!!
Mini carrot cakes
- 1.5 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large carrots (blitzed in a food processor, or grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup macadamia milk (or other plant based or cow milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- scant 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
Mango cream cheese frosting
- 250 g cream cheese
- 160 g mango chunks, fresh or frozen (and defrosted ahead of time) and blitzed in a food processor
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1 heaped tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
Mini carrot cakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line your muffin tins with paper cupcake liners. This recipe will make about 12 to 18 mini cakes, depending on how much you fill the liners.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl – the wholemeal flour, buckwheat flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and the spices.
- Blitz or grate your carrots and mix into the dry ingredient mix until the carrot bits are well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whish together the wet ingredients – i.e. the eggs, milk, coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- With a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined (do not overmix).
- With an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin liners until about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the top springs back and a skewer comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool completely. (I do this step the previous day and leave these mini cakes overnight in a box on the kitchen bench – I frost them on the day of the celebration.)
Mango cream cheese frosting
- Defrost your mango chunks if you’re using frozen.
- You may also wish to pull out the cream cheese out of the fridge at this time- it is easier to get the frosting smooth if the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start making the frosting.
- Blitz the mango chunks in a food processor until smooth.
- Melt the butter and mix the rice malt syrup into the warm butter – it blends in easier.
- Place all the frosting ingredients into a bowl and whisk either with a whisk or a handheld mixer, until smooth.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag with a large piping tip and frost the cooled mini cakes.
Who doesn’t like winning fun stuff?? I am EXTREMELY grateful to all of these wonderful small businesses and people who have contributed their goods/services to make my anniversary party special.
Make sure and enter all of the different multiple giveaways each day and keep your fingers crossed that you win.
EACH day’s giveaways will be available to enter for just 2 days, so don’t delay!
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE RAFFLECOPTER, please reach out to me at JTouchofstyle@gmail.com and I will walk you through it. I would hate for anyone to be disqualified because my instructions are confusing.
Giveaway 1- Hipstik Legwear
Laura McGuire, founder of Hipstik® Legwear, believes that women should not be squeezed and uncomfortable in tights and sheers. She talked with many women to find out what they want in legwear – the resounding answer: comfort without sacrificing style! Five years ago she created Hipstik – a legwear design that does not squeeze, dig, roll or sag. The fit is better and more comfortable because it’s legwear revolutionarily sized by body shape. The typical weight equation to determine size is flawed. Our silicone stick strip design sets these tights apart for a stay-put guarantee and no annoying roll.
If you’re a regular reader, you know that I love the warmth and protection that hosiery can give us in the winter months. And since most of you don’t always love how hosiery fits, I thought this would be a wonderful way for you to experience some of the new technology that is offered.
Hipstik is offering:
One (1) pair of Hipstik Legwear size 2-24 – any style, color, and size in stock. Shipped to the winner for free in the USA.
Giveaway 2- Glasses Shop
I wear glasses EVERY day. And it’s no surprise that I like a variety of shapes and colors to go with my different outfits. In fact, I wrote a post about the options with online glasses.
GlassesShop is one of my go to online sites for transition AND progressive glasses together. Even my mom ordered her new glasses from them recently (you can see them in this recent post).
As for examples of mine, you can see them here, here and here. BTW, if you don’t win the giveaway, I have a discount code you can always use that is listed in my Deals and Discounts page.
GlassesShop is offering a $100 gift card that you can use for your own glasses. This is an international giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway 3- Walking Cradles
Walking Cradles is one of my favorite shoe companies for SO many reasons. If you’ve been reading, then you know all three of us have a ton of their styles, and they are comfy for all day walking. PLUS they come in sizes 4-13 and widths of narrow to wide wide.
For this giveaway you can win a pair of shoes from Walking Cradles. You will be able to choose any pair that you would like. And if you have questions about fit, I can get you in touch with my contact at the company.
This is for USA only.
Thank you for making our last 6 years so successful and joining us for this celebration week.
TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR MORE PARTYING!!!
And if you missed yesterday’s fun, find it here!!