Online Shopping Tips and Tricks
I’d like to share some online shopping tips and tricks that can make the experience of this experience much more successful. I really think that online shopping is the wave of the future. And you may think that brick and mortar stores could never disappear. But then again, that’s what they said about the buggy whip, LOL!
The advantage of most online shopping is there is much more selection and variety. This really comes into play when your body falls into the petite, plus, or tall category. But even if you are a “normal” shape, most brick and mortar stores are not able to carry all of the sizes and colors like you can find online!
1. If you happen to be a fan of a certain store, go online and sign up on their email list. Most of the time you will get an introductory discount to try them out. If you don’t want a ton of emails cluttering up your account, then designate a different email for all your shopping emails and just check it when you need some retail therapy.
2.Make sure you know the return policies because there will be times that your choices don’t work. I think it’s best to be able to take them back to the brick and mortar store unless the company has free returns
3. It can help to keep track of what sizes you wear in certain brands. The notes option in your phone work well for this. There used to be an app that helped with this; but the one I used went out of business. If you know of one, let me know because I’d love to check it out.
4. Read the reviews! I find this to be the best advice when purchasing an item. Remember that review are subjective. However, if everyone else thought the shoes ran a half size too big, then believe them and order accordingly.
5. If there is free shipping for a certain dollar amount, it can be good to order more items to get to this specific figure. You could add in a couple of gifts for other people, essentials like undies, or even find something you weren’t looking for in the first place.
6. It can be very helpful to “chat” with the online sales associate especially if you’re wanting a certain color….colors show up differently on the computer vs. reality.
7. Try to check out the measurements…it’s good to have a tape measure by your side to compare!
8. Of course, you will check out their measurement for sizing, but it’s still better to order a couple of sizes if you really want that item. You usually take a couple of sizes into the fitting room, so why not have a couple different sizes to try on at home too?
9. Before you press that “continue” button in the checkout procedure, research for any online promos in another window. I usually Google “online coupons for that particular store” and can sometimes get another 10% off!
Thanks for reading! Do you have other great online shopping tips?
Even if you wouldn’t consider purchasing your clothing online, it can be helpful to look through my links to see what is available! It certainly doesn’t hurt my feelings, if you click on them but don’t like them. Just so you know, one of the ways I make money from this blog is through these linked items.
Keeping in Touch
Are you registered for my email reminders to let you know when a post goes live? I’d certainly love it if you take the time to sign up and make sure all your friends sign up too!! There are other ways to follow my blog. Facebook readers can see my posts by liking my page. Or my Pinterest page has all of our outfits in a nutshell!