Anytime you are going to a doctor’s appointment, it’s nice to be intentional and look put together. The idea of what to wear to the chiropractor has some details that are different since there is physical contact between you and the doctor.
Quote of the day: “You help people when they need help, not when you are ready to help them.” James Clear
You can always tell what is going on in my life as to what I think about to talk about on the blog. We have visited chiropractors for the last 8 years so this subject is fresh and relevant. And once I started thinking about it there are certain clothing items that are better for such a visit.
Granted I see a ton of athleisure wear every time I’m at the chiropractor, but my personality is such that I believe that how we present ourselves is important.
Besides as I tell my husband all of the time, I have cute clothes, so I might as well wear them.
I’ll share some tips about what to wear to the chiropractor to make your visit more comfortable. While I don’t believe in restricting anyone on what they shouldn’t wear to events, I did include some things to think about for what not to wear too.
I like to showcase what we wear to certain events or occasions. If you are looking for more inspiration, it helps to check out some of my other articles.
Warm Weather Ideas of What to Wear to the Chiropractor
I hope I thank you enough because your support allows me to continue this journey which I LOVE!!!
Supporting a blog can be easy and free. Just visiting my pages, clicking my links (especially for small businesses and sponsored posts), and sharing the things you like on your social media make a huge difference. Spreading the word is how I can reach more wonderful people like you!
Or feel free to “buy me a coffee” which is a monetary way to tell me that you enjoy reading my blog.
Here are just a couple of my examples of what to wear to the chiropractor in the warmer months. Since our summer days here in Arizona can be hot, hot, hot, I try to wear something that will keep me cool yet I’m still covered.
The best ideas I have found from experience are
- Shorts-but not too short or cheeky
- Palazzo pants
Since I wear a lot of skirts and dresses in the summer because they are truly cooler for our hot temperatures, I plan the night ahead on what I’ll be wearing for my chiropractic appointment.
Insider tip: If you happen to be wearing a skirt or dress, your chiropractor will just place a towel over your legs for modesty’s sake.
As discussed in the what not to wear portion of this article below, I did remove any necklaces and large earrings before my appointment.
Cold Weather Chiropractic Outfits
For the colder weather days, any pants, jeans, or joggers are an excellent option for this type of appointment.
Insider detail: If you read my blog regularly and check out my Daily Outfit posts on Saturdays, then you will recognize these looks.
What Not to Wear to the Chiropractor
I’m sure that you can make anything work for what to wear to the chiropractor. Yet there are certain things to keep in mind.
Because you will be lying on the adjustable table and your chiropractor needs to align your body, it’s good to not wear the following (or at least take them off before you are adjusted)
- Skirts–Especially mini skirts that will not keep you very covered during the appointment. Granted longer skirts are better but if they are too flowy, they can get stuck between the cushions.
- High heels–While I wear heels regularly, it’s important to be careful that a sharp heel doesn’t puncture the cushions when you are turning from side to side.
- Long necklaces/Scarves–These can get caught between the cushions. I always remove mine before my appointments.
- Hats/hairbands/hair extensions–Just like long necklaces, these can get in the way of your adjusting so it’s better to take them off before the appointment.
- Statement Earrings–Because they hang down, these too can be a hazard.
You should definitely sign up for the emails below. Besides the free eBook, my email family gets personal tidbits of what’s going on in my life along with other happenings, sales, information, giveaways, extra photos, and interesting articles.
If you’ve enjoyed this, I hope you will look around the site and…
- find out more about the blog here. Including behind-the-scenes of our relationship here.
- you can see all the categories of past posts here
- feel free to use any discounts or deals that I share here.
- make sure to sign up for emails to enjoy fun features in every email PLUS get my recent eBook here.
- follow me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- and if you ever want to reach out or have any requests, feel free to email me at JTouchofStyle@gmail.com
If you enjoyed any of this information, I would appreciate it if you would share, share, and share wherever you can!! You can do this by saving an image to your Pinterest board or sharing this post on Facebook. Or send this post to your friends, and make sure they sign up for the emails.
Welcome to Jodie’s Touch of Style. I’m here to prove that it’s never too late to look great. Clothing and style are meant to showcase your inner personality. So let’s have fun and try new things.
It’s not just about me on this blog, but also my mother and friend. We get to showcase not only different decades of life but also different body shapes and unique personal styles.